The C word can be scary, breast cancer affects one in eight women, and accounts for 30% of cancer in women. My goal is not to be fearful, but to give you some insight on how to tip the scale in your favor, and hopefully beat the odds.
Some of the major known risk factors, are simply our age, smoking, alcohol, and damage to our DNA with pollution and radiation. Here is a portion of my list of a few more things we can do to help our bodies and breasts be their best.
- No cell phone on your body.
- Avoid the radiation from cell phones, it is best to not keep the cell phone on your body. Don’t put the cell phone in your bra, or pockets. If you need to carry it on your body, put it in airplane mode so it diminishes your exposure.
2. Avoid Root Canals.
- There is a special chart in the field of Biological Dentistry, which is similar to saying, a holistic dentist. This chart connects each tooth with a grouping of a few organs. The first and second top molars are connected to the breast via Chinese meridians. If you have had a root canal, it would be helpful to refer to the chart to see which body parts may be subject to having less than optimal functioning.
- The root canal process, is a means of preserving a dead tooth in the mouth. Often the need arises when there is damage to the tooth structure, such as a chip, crack, infection, or inflammation. When the root canal is done, the tooth is no longer living, as it has been stripped of its blood supply, which carries the immune system of white blood cells. Root canals also remove the nerve, and then the inside of the tooth is filled with a material named, gutta percha. Unfortunately, often while the bacteria may appear to have been cleaned out, often they have traveled into a tooth structure called dentin tubules, which are not able to be cleaned out due to their small size and location with the root canal instrumentation. Now the bacteria in there, have no immune system to help try to attack them, so your body is dealing with a possible chronic infection that it can never fully deal with. The effect that this leaves is that it can be an energetic drain on your body, then other body systems may not be able to be functionally at full capacity.
- As with everything in health, there can be many factors, so this isn’t to say that everyone with a root canal is going to have problems
3. Reduce Toxin Exposure
- In a research study, 216 chemicals were found in rodent mammary tumors, however 102 were identified for the most common ones that women were exposed to, of those it was gasoline and other chemicals formed by combustion there were found to be most prevalent. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/276702.php#2
- Avoid exposure to exhaust fumes, gas powered lawn mowers, stain resistant items such as rugs, furniture and fabrics to help reduce risk.
- Minimize/eliminate toxic personal care products
- What types of problems can chemicals cause? It can range from skin and allergic problems, infertility and reproductive health problems, learning disabilities and cancer.
- How do you avoid chemicals? It comes down to eating organic food as much as possible, using safe personal care and cleaning products, avoiding synthetic fragrances, and reducing or eliminating the use of pesticides around the home. The average woman uses 12 products per day, which exposes her to 168 different chemicals.
- Minimize/eliminate toxic household cleaners
- I love the brand Norwex, you may have a friend who sells it
- Blow out the candles!
- Don’t use regular candles due to the synthetic materials used; use beeswax, coconut or other natural based candles made with essential oils not artificial fragrance.
- Just want the aromatherapy, the diffuse essential oils
- Download a FREE guide, called “Think Pink, Live Green, A Step By Step Guide to Reducing Your Breast Cancer Risk” at the bottom of this webpage is a PDF https://www.breastcancer.org/risk/factors with a few great additional tips; my fav mentioned what plastic numbers on items you should avoid, it’s tip number #13 in the guide.